Based in beautiful County Cork in Southern Ireland our family-owned client has become a leading supplier of fresh fish to major retailers across ROI and the UK. Our client understands the brand values their customers aspire to and continually deliver a wide range of outstanding fresh sea fish. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team that develops branded and private label seafood products for the Irish & European retail market. The role involves working closely with the Technical, Production and Market & Sales departments to launch high quality added value seafood products. Working with a team of technical & commercial professionals, you will get involved in the latest innovation projects, ensuring new products are technically safe and legal with the correct specifications. To succeed in this role you will need a culinary arts/food technology/science background and be able to apply your knowledge in a commercial setting.
- To take lead on NPD & EPD projects through the NPD process for concept to Launch, working cross functionally to deliver innovation and renovation projects.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with all policies and legislation & the agreed standards of the product, customer and business are met.
- Understanding , Set up and monitoring compliance with stage gate product development process and implementing Lean NPD techniques to ensure all requirements are implemented at each stage of project development
- Under the project plan (critical path) ensure all deadlines are followed as set out by the NPD account Manger
- Coordinate the day to day NPD process of line extension and brand pack -resizing projects from project brief, right through to launch
- Ensuring that the Process and Product are protected and continuously improved
- Developing a clear and concise understanding of the business priorities and playing a vital part in delivering the guiding principle of lowest cost
- Give weekly updates to the NPD account Manager on project progress
- Liaising with Key Account Retail Customers and delivering NPD projects at Customer meetings and action/resolve any project issues that arise, seek guidance for the NPD account manager where necessary
- Drive and deliver continuous improvements within the Innovation Department
- Continually researching markets and technologies to develop new product concepts
You Will Have
A Third level degree in Food Technology, Food Science or Food Business
3+ years hands on experience in High Volume FMCG sector/food manufacturing environment in a transferable role such as Quality/ Technical/ Development
Excellent Project management and planning
Excellent communication and influencing skills within a team environment
Excellent Time Management skills
The ability to work individually, as well as part of a large, cross functional team
Outstanding attention to detail
A love of food, Fish and the latest trends
There is a superb €package with relocation support for the right candidate.
Location : Bantry or Cork, Republic of Ireland
If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for, don’t delay, get your application via this website ASAP!