Our client brings together years of experience, creative flair and an eye for detail to produce and deliver unique, memorable creative spaces for major public events. The heart and soul of what they do is landscape, planting and floral installations, and while this still accounts for the majority of their work to date, they have strengthened their team, bringing on board experienced designers, carpenters and welders, alongside a significant investment in design and build software and machinery. Due to recent developments, they are now on the hunt for an experienced and versatile Operations Manager to join the team.
Based in Charlecote, Warwickshire is their purpose-built site, bringing areas of expertise and team together under one roof, with offices, design studio, workshop, warehouse, plant nursery.
They are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to control the daily operations of the warehouse, workshop (event build), logistics and horticulture functions. You will be the one to ensure that the business is well-coordinated and efficient by managing its processes and directing its people in these departments.
The scope of responsibility for this role is broad and requires thorough knowledge of warehouse management including H&S compliance, logistics planning / vehicle maintenance and 3rd party sub-contract management. The ideal candidate will have horticultural knowledge and background.
They must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run their operational areas.
- Liaise with MD and colleagues in the Management team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor day-to-day running / efficiency across the company’s horticultural, build and event setup operations
- Manage 3 sub department heads and support with subsequent team co-ordination (circa 12 staff)
- Continually look for opportunities to grow and become more efficient
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business processes and propose / deliver improvements
- Manage procurement processes, select and appoint sub-contract partners, coordinate the build, horticultural and event pipeline to ensure the availability of plants, stands and resources
- Support in the delivery and execution of events, on site. This often involves working outside of and in addition to usual hours
- Review financial information and improve operational effectiveness to promote profitability
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/supply chain
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company adheres to all relevant legal requirements
- Proven experience in Operational Management or equivalent position
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Interest / experience in horticulture / horticultural management is desirable
Person Profile / Requirements
- Events / Exhibitions / Installations experience
- Build experience / ideally carpentry skilled
- Able to decipher / work from CAD drawings
- Willing to work extended / anti-social hours / weekends during peak times
- Able to work on multiple projects/events simultaneously
- Strategic approach when planning / forecasting resource
- Commercially astute
- Ability to delegate
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you feel you have the requisite skills and experience, please apply via. this website without delay or call Ian Reed at Redfox for a confidential chat.