Great Business with a Great Opportunity On Offer
London and Home Counties UK Based
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Our client has been a significant part of the Vertical Farming revolution deploying breaking edge hydroponic, controlled environment farming techniques. As they expand further with the commercial success they are gaining, they are now looking to source an inspired individual to join them as Operations Manager for the sites they currently run and due to build.
You will be a high performing Operations Manager and will get straight into running a current site as well as assisting with your skill set to support the install, commissioning and growing trials as you and your colleagues ramp up a new operational unit. As such you will be ultimately accountable for the successful running of both sites, with the two Site Managers reporting into you.
We really want to see you having excellent experience in FMCG with an Operations/Engineering background or similar. As such you will have had exposure to project management and/or project engineering, including the install and commissioning of new equipment, and the successful ramp up and on-going production of such units and associated activity. Lots of problem solving problems, both big and small, and of course you will not be afraid to get stuck in and get their hands dirty when the occasion demands!
- Accountable for the smooth and successful running of all sites
- Accountable for target hitting – operational, financial, staffing, KPIs (OTIF/CSL, budget, training, retention)
- Project support – for future expansions at current sites and at any new future sites
- Production equipment maintenance facilitation – SLA, servicing, spare parts etc
- Build and support related operational systems – Daily Plan, Order Management, Stock & Goods-In, with Head of R&D & Data
- Conduct weekly operational meetings with Site Managers and Production Supervisors
And Operationally Wise:
- Continuously review operational practices to improve process in line with financial goals
- Ensure financial targets and other agreed targets are met
- Ensure safety regulations are followed
- Ensure compliance regarding all Health & Safety regulations and worker safety
- Ensure all procedures are in place and adhered to regarding food safety and relevant regulations
- Ensure procedures, checks and forms are being completed according to technical and customer standards
- Improve current checks and procedures to improve efficiency without negatively impacting compliance
- Set, maintain and report on KPIs regarding production, growing and orders output
Team Management and Leadership:
- Manage Site Managers – training, objectives, motivations
- Ensure culture is cohesive and teams are integrated
- Approving and managing direct report timetables, holidays, and sicknesses
- Hold regular meetings with direct reports and farm staff
- Keep employees motivated
- Organise appropriate training and maintain training records
- Accountable for operations, site and labour budgets
- Work with leadership team to achieve financial targets
To make a success in this role, we want you will be organised and effective, able to prioritise work and delegate tasks to ensure the safety of staff and customers alike, and the quality of the produce being delivered. As you would expect, you will be comfortable working with data, able to analyse, provide insights and report these to senior management.
It is a fascinating business with an amazing track record to date. Join them and share in their future success! To find out more, just apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05305M