PACKAGING SUPERVISOR REQUIRED
UNITED EMIRATES BASED
EXCELLENT EXPAT SALARY ON OFFER
Our client is a very impressive UAE-based, established high-tech horticultural business. They develop and operate high-tech, climate-controlled farms to grow a variety of crops and sell directly into the markets in which they operate. Their produce is selling out at major retailers in the UAE and are consumed at an assortment of elite restaurants & hotels. Their brand is associated with incredibly tasty produce and they have built a loyal and vocal customer base. Expansion wise now they are venturing into new cropping (fruit) and into new geographies (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait). Technology, data, and innovation are core to their ethos, and they aim to redefine the Middle Eastern agricultural sector. They are hugely passionate about what they do, and are believers in the growth potential of the company. The team is multi-cultural (American, European, African, Middle Eastern, South Asian), and backgrounds diverse (horticulture, engineering, private equity, management consulting, retail, marketing, etc.).
Due to their ongoing expansion, they now wish to source a key individual as Packaging Supervisor to join with them and share in their success as they grow.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Conduct continuous improvements meeting with the team on weekly and daily basis to understand how they can improve to achieve KPI’s.
- Actively look out for potential issues around waste and identify ways to improve this area ongoing.
- Ensure the packaging systems work and are deployed on a just on time basis ongoing.
- Overall responsible for the operations, material, and people in the packhouse and cold storage.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources.
- Ensures the required tools, material and the raw material required for packing, smooth movement of material and storage in cold storage are awalys in place.
- Maintain workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points.
- Ensure the material and people movement protocols are adhered to as per company policies.
- Actively communicate the roles and responsibilities, targets and expectations from the team members.
- Ensure the tasks assigned to the team members are in line with the delivery schedule to the customers and are stored in the cold storage accordingly.
- Track the performance of the teams against the target and share active feedback where required
- Conduct sample quality checks form the quality the company wants to see.
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Ensure the storing of material in the cold storage is as per quality standards.
- Ensure the required recording of data (as per the software) is carried out by the person as well as the team members.
- Share active feedback with the senior management on what processes can be improved and what other interventions can be taken.
What We Want to See From You:
- Highly ambitious – curious, resilient and a great communicator.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at the highest level.
- Must be able to make bold decisions and recommendation and have credibility to consultant with senior leaders.
- Ability to understand key business drivers and commercial orientation.
- Execution- Deliver on what matters by getting the right things done.
- 5-8 years of experience in working in a production line or packing line in either agricultural/horticultural or fresh produce company or any other reputed industrial manufacturer.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar.
- Proven ability to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Ability to successfully work under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to manage people in the farm.
- Ability to work on MS office applications.
What’s On Offer:
An excellent ex-pat package is on offer plus significant benefits for the right candidate.
Unique roles require unique people. If this role if of direct interest to you, please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 05582M