Our client is brilliant! They are proud to have been supplying the British fresh produce market for over 40 years. The business comprises of over 5,000 acres of high quality farmed land and has 1,600 acres of heathland, marshes and grassland.
They are significant veg growers and as part of their ongoing expansion and increased sales, they are look for a Packhouse Manager.
Key Aspect of Role:
Take on the responsibility of their packhouse and the Student worker HR elements. The role would suit an agriculture graduate looking for a start in fresh produce or an assistant Packhouse Manager looking to make their next step.
What Does the Role Involve?
- Working to the production schedule based on the customer requirements, your responsibility covers all operational processes & control systems, manufacturing efficiency, quality & despatch through to delivery of product on time.
- You will lead, motivate & develop a great team of production/despatch operators.
- Maintaining fresh produce quality standards will be an essential part of the role, involving problem solving and technical support.
- Tackling operational issues and introducing more efficient factory methods will be an important aim for future development of the business.
The Packhouse Manager will report to the owner on a day-to-day basis. Reporting to you will be a number of Operatives and 1 administrator.
- To deliver excellent customer service through managing agreed production schedules.
- Managing the production team, including probation reviews, staffing levels, performance management and return to work interviews
- A willingness to commit to the role and drive business forwards is essential
- Maintain Health & Safety regulations & working procedures.
- Management of all procurement and inbound delivery of raw materials.
- Maintain Group housekeeping standards
- Develop contingency plans when required.
- The introduction of new working methods when appropriate and where necessary
- Heading regular Production Planning, Health & Safety meetings
- Manage the maintenance of all tools, machinery and the building.
- Any other projects as identified by the owner.
- Experience of Fresh Produce or/and related industry sectors on an operations/factory management basis would be great
- Production management in a small team environment
- Team management & motivation
- IT literacy with experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
As stated, this role would suit an agriculture graduate looking for a start in fresh produce or an assistant Packhouse Manager looking to make their next step. This is a truly an excellent role with a great “non-corporate” business where you will be able to excel and prosper. The rewards for proven results will be excellent, reflecting your operational ability to create further growth within such a driven business.
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 or quoting reference: 05178M