We zijn op zoek naar de beste planteninkoper van Nederland. Ben jij dat?!
Our client strives to deliver the highest standard of indoor plants to the EU & UK’s largest and leading supermarkets. Their company origins go back over three generations and is driven by an commercial and technical drive to create excellence and to impress their end customers time and time again. At the heart of the company is a powerful fusion of dedicated and highly skilled employees creating a unique and talented workforce.
Due to rapid expansion, they are looking for a key individual to join them as key Plant Buyer for their Dutch office.
Main Elements of the Role:
You will be Responsible for the sourcing, purchasing & supply of EU plants for export to UK retailers to the right quality, specification, and price.
- Sourcing plants from new & existing growers within the Netherlands and other EU countries
- Negotiating highly competitive prices and agreeing on quality/specifications
- Spotting low-cost opportunities such as surplus crops and/or packing suitable for UK retailers.
- Working with growers & other business partners to packing plants ready for export.
- Building strong relationships with growers, keeping them informed of demand changes, product performance & supply improvements.
- Working with internal UK teams to deliver the lowest cost route to market.
- Visiting nurseries & working on corrective action plans, to improve shipment quality, plant specifications & service levels.
- Arranging plant samples ensuring correct quantities are inputted on the system
- High attention to detail to ensure shipments quantities are correct to ensure goods pass through Dutch customs.
- Handling the detailed Phytosanitary process. Including meeting with the Dutch Quality control Bureau KCB) inspectors.
- Continuous Improvement of internal purchasing processes to increase efficiency, reduce costs and enable future growth.
Key Skills We Would Like To See:
- You will need to be fluent in Dutch to communicate with our supply base in Holland.
- Experience within Dutch horticulture / floriculture industry (Plants)
- Persistent and proactive when chasing Dutch Growers.
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills (Dutch & English)
- Good analytical / numeracy skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
- 40 hours per week in Kudelstaart
- Nice to have – experience working on Floraxchange/Floriday & Royal Flora Holland
Key Team Results:
- Maintaining business & securing new business by monitoring & building relationships with suppliers
- Quick responses to internal team members on pricing, samples, quality & shipments
To find out more about this career enhancing role, apply via this website or call Ian Reed on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 05216IR