Factory manager required
Based East Midlands
Excellent Salary and Bonus Structure
Our client is a hugely successful 3rd generation business. The company has developed itself into a fully integrated operation involved in growing, processing and marketing of fresh sector products for Food Manufacturers in the UK/Europe and handle over 70,000 tonnes of products annually. They are about to accelerate onto a next growth phase and hence why they are looking to recruit a key individual for their business as Factory Manager.
Why Do They Want You?
They passionately believe that they have uniqueness in the sectors that they operate in hence their ongoing growth. As such, they wish to develop even further their efficiencies and supply chain on a factory basis.
What Does the Role Involve?
Working to the production schedule based on the customer requirements, your responsibility covers all operational processes & control systems, manufacturing efficiency, quality & despatch through to delivery of product on time.
You will lead, motivate & develop a great team of production/despatch operators.
Maintaining fresh produce quality standards will be an essential part of the role, involving problem solving and technical support.
Tackling operational issues and introducing more efficient factory methods will be an important aim for future development of the business.
The Factory Manager will report to the General Manager on a day-to-day basis. Reporting to you will be 5 Production Operatives and 1 administrator.
- To deliver excellent customer service through managing agreed production schedules.
- Managing a team of Production Professionals, including probation reviews, staffing levels, performance management and return to work interviews
- A willingness to commit to the role and drive business forwards is essential
- Maintain Health & Safety regulations & working procedures.
- Management of all procurement and inbound delivery of raw materials.
- Maintain Group housekeeping standards
- Develop contingency plans when required.
- The introduction of new working methods when appropriate and where necessary
- Heading regular Production Planning, Health & Safety meetings
- Manage the maintenance of all tools, machinery and the building.
- Any other projects as identified by the General Manager.
- Experience of Fresh Produce or/and related industry sectors on an operations/factory management basis
- Procurement and supply chain experience within the fresh sectors
- Production management in a small team environment
- Team management & motivation
- A recognised H&S qualification such as IOSH or a NEBOSH would be highly advantageous
- Developing and controlling Risk Assessments and Method Statements for the factory operatives.
- Process control & quality systems
- IT literacy with experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
This is a truly an excellent Factory Management role with a great “non-corporate” business where you will be able to excel and prosper. The rewards for proven results will be excellent, reflecting your operational ability to create further growth within such a driven business.
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please apply via this website or contact Ian Reed on 01284 715055 or quoting reference: 05167M