Great Company. Great Proven Results. Great Future…
Based Home Counties
Excellent Salary and Bonus Structure + Accommodation
Our client is a market leader in their field and are currently experiencing a phenomenal growth rate in certain fresh product lines. Due to this ongoing growth, the business is now looking to develop their offering even further by sourcing a key Packhouse Manager to drive the business forward on a operational and packaging basis, holding themselves to the highest standards of excellence in this ever-demanding field. The business has a rich history of more than 50 years and prides itself on its strong culture, values and identity.
Main Element of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Operations , your main role will require you to oversee the Packhouse and planning function of the business as well as leading and inspiring the team. Capturing data and working on KPI’s to improve the efficiencies of waste and labour management within the business as well as dealing with budgetary expenditure will also need to be your forte. Communication skills with be vital in this role as you will be required to liaise with trading, distribution, agency, finance and sales teams all across the board.
- To deliver excellent customer service through managing agreed production schedules.
- Managing a team of Production Professionals, including probation reviews, staffing levels, performance management and return to work interviews
- A willingness to commit to the role and drive business forwards is essential
- Maintain Health & Safety regulations & working procedures.
- Management of all procurement and inbound delivery of raw materials.
- Maintain Group housekeeping standards
- Develop contingency plans when required.
- The introduction of new working methods when appropriate and where necessary
- Heading regular Production Planning, Health & Safety meetings
- Manage the maintenance of all tools, machinery and the building.
- Any other projects as identified by the Head of Operations.
- Experience of Fresh Produce or/and related industry sectors on an operations/packhouse management basis
- Production management in a fast paced team environment
- Team management & motivation
- A recognised H&S qualification such as IOSH or a NEBOSH would be highly advantageous
- Developing and controlling Risk Assessments and Method Statements for the factory operatives.
- Process control & quality systems
- IT literacy with experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
This is a truly an excellent Packhouse Management role with a great “non-corporate” business where you will be able to excel and prosper. The rewards for proven results will be excellent, reflecting your operational ability to create further growth within such a driven business.
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 or quoting reference: 05217M