Procurement Manager wanted for highly successful retail fruit supplier
Our client is a fruit specialist, supplying fresh, tasty and innovative prepared fruit packs onto retailer shelves everyday. They are experts in fruits across many different categories, including tropical & exotic fruit, stone fruit, top fruit and citrus. Their culture is rooted in innovation, quality and community.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager, ideally with previous experience of working within a fresh produce industry, to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for managing the sourcing, costs, availability, product quality and supplier relationships.
You will also be required to identify new and novel products and growers/suppliers globally to support customers’ innovation plans, ensuring new suppliers are integrated seamlessly into the supply chain.
This role requires the development of structured sourcing and negotiation strategies for the category, so strong procurement, negotiation and cost base analysis skills are essential. Experience of fruit or similar fresh produce is essential.
Working knowledge of Spanish would be a distinct advantage. Your grower and supplier base will be global so you must have the flexibility to travel overseas.
What we are looking for
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- The ability to speak other European languages fluently, especially Spanish is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working in a similar role highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ knowledge of fruit or fresh produce industry highly desirable.
- Understands the retail environment and demonstrates a knowledge of supply chain process.
- Able to influence and build effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident and resilient communicator with good negotiation skills.
- Computer literate – at ease with IT software including all packages of Microsoft Office. Excel skill essential. Navision experience desirable.
If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for and you feel you have the skills and experience as detailed within this advert, don’t delay get your application in immediately quoting reference 05126IR