PLEASE NOTE: Working days are Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (8:00 – 17:00). This is an on site position.
Our major Prepared Fresh Produce client are looking for a part time Procurement Planner to cover weekends in the Procurement Department.
Main Objectives of the role:
To deliver a fast, efficient, and effective supply chain process to internal stakeholders and suppliers, ensuring adequate stock to match customer orders and that any issues identified are escalated.
Day to day running of the stock control system, which will include verifying supply orders and any top ups and raising any identified issues with relevant Buyers.
Monitor stock levels, making sure that daily raw material stock levels match the customer orders and scheduling raw material arrivals to meet factory needs, making sure any issues or discrepancies of stock are resolved promptly and efficiently.
Reviewing and interpreting Quality Control reports for all stock, flagging any identified issues with relevant Buyers.
Responsible for managing any raw material rejections and arranging replacement of stock to ensure customer orders are met.
Ensure all consignments are correctly set up on the system according to relevant protocols. In all systems, SI, IA, B3 & NAV.
That all invoices are processed in a timely fashion and with due attention to the claim’s tracker.
Process incoming Production Orders, ensuring correct rates are paid to factory for production and working collaboratively with production teams to impart knowledge, develop staff skills and manage waste within the business.
CPA – making sure all the fruit is certified to be used
Emails are to be read fully and actioned accordingly
Packing lists are to be interrupted correctly and discrepancies raised with supplier
Discrepancies regarding incorrect arrival data, to be raised with the supplier
Establish effective working relationships with the supply base
Escalating to Senior Procurement Planner/Deputy Procurement Planner any issues regarding shortages of fruit, potentially putting supply to production at risk or issues regarding system failures.
Additional training requests to Senior Procurement Planner/Deputy Procurement Planner
Provide ad hoc reports as and when required
There may be requirement to travel within the UK and overseas. This includes travel to other Company or off-site meeting locations from time to time.
Who we are looking for:
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- The ability to speak other European languages, especially Spanish, is desirable.
- Understands the retail environment and demonstrates a knowledge of supply chain process.
- Able to influence and build effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident and resilient communicator with good negotiation skills.
- Computer literate – at ease with IT software including all packages of Microsoft Office. Excel skill essential. Navision experience desirable.
- Independent with a self-organised approach and the ability to plan a workload and support other members of the team. Good time management is essential.
- Attentive to detail and administratively self-sufficient.
What we provide in return:
- Brand new state of the art offices
- Staff restaurant on site (opening soon)
- Free on site car park for staff
- 33 days holiday per year, including bank holidays (pro-rated for part time hours)
- Recognition for hard work (annual Heroes awards)
- Staff events
- and more
Hours and days of work:
FRIDAY to MONDAY (4 days p/w), 08:00 – 17:00 ON SITE.
Circa £25,000 p/a DOE
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 32 per week
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay