Our client is one of of the UK’s leading Vertical Farms, about to complete Europe’s largest production unit in Norfolk. The business is now at a critical point whereby they are in need of an experienced Production Manager to take the business forward.
The Production Manager is a shift based resource responsible for ensuring that the Operations Team are organised effectively and have all of the resources required to deliver the stated targets. The selected candidate will be responsible for executing the production plan and supporting the Farm Operators and Growing Assistants.
Culturally, this may be the most influential position on the site, their attitude will become the attitude of the business as they have more interaction points with all staff than any other Team Member. Good first tier Managers are invaluable and must be invested in to gain operational improvements through workplace organisation and strong team morale.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Degree capability, at least 5 years strong experience in a respected blue-chip manufacturing or processing environment, leading and supporting the operational team;
- Managing the shift team (8 people);
- Developing and deploy site specific strategies to drive lean manufacturing and continuous improvement across the production line;
- Creating and communicating a clear vision for the future to inspire and drive the production team to achieve and surpass business goals and objectives;
- Implementing strategies for growth, set stretching but achievable targets and monitor performance to target for each functional area: Safety, Operations Engineering / Maintenance, Planning, Quality, Inventory Control. Monitor and audit plant processes;
- Responsible for production overall shift operational improvements by modelling and supporting a continuous improvement culture with the entire team.
- Shift management experience in facilities with highly automated production processes in place;
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants: understanding of USDA/FDA as well as HACCP, GMP’s, ISO, SOP’s, AIB;
- Able to lead Continuous Improvement initiatives, inclusive of root cause analysis, 5S, and basic practical problem solving;
- Strong coaching expertise and knowledge of leadership development;
- Strong project management experience.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply via. this website without delay quoting ref: 05538IR