We are seeking an experienced PRODUCTION PLANNER for our client who are a major supplier of potatoes and onions other vegetables. Around 95% of their potatoes and onions go to major retailers and processors with the remainder being sold to local wholesalers and retailers. The group has expanded its business considerably in recent years, and this is a key role within the business and will report into the Operational Leader.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- To ensure all packed / washed / graded products are produced on time for all customers, ensuring all products arrive on time in full and of the appropriate
- Work alongside the sales and operations teams to improve production and distribution
- Increase productivity throughout the grading / packing / washing areas year on year (to be agreed) and reducing cost per tonne
- Produce and publish weekly reports to management team, discussing key areas of improvement for the following days
- Support the members of the sales team during peak season to ensure the business has cover and the business completes its daily / weekly tasks
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and present a “top level” strategy for increased productivity to the management and the board.
- Production of periodical budgets supporting any associated capital costs with relevant income opportunities and cost savings.
- Review of systems and processes used within the company, identifying new methods to increase
- Liaise with the production teams to ensure sufficient time is given to produce/pack product, including the correct staffing levels required to complete jobs in timely and cost efficient manner.
- Liaise with the haulage department and contractors to ensure that transport are on site and ready for loading, reducing the waiting and onsite time to a minimum.
- To help the sales and accounts team budget each year and forecast key areas of profit/loss and cash flow.
- Develop production schedules, detailing all tasks issued to the production teams and monitor actual against scheduled performance and completion date.
- Monitor labour trends and help develop, with senior management, a way to secure key staff and plan temporary staff to ensure there is enough staff to complete production
- Create, modify and maintain trading / planning systems to reduce time spent in those areas, preventing data collection and calculation errors and to smooth the
- To ensure the business adheres to any legislation and laws in respect to; H&S, working times and ensure all staff and treated in a fair
- To foster and protect healthy and constructive relationships, with and between, shareholder farm businesses, portfolio companies, food chain customers and
- Ensure the business adheres to all company and HMRC legislation and be able to demonstrate due diligence should the need
- Advise sales team and/or customers of any potential shortages of crops before production on the lines have finished.
- Advise sales teams and/or customers of any late deliveries caused by production OR hauliers running late.
- Liaise with the sales team and predict the impact of any new product on production time and staff requirements.
- Predict production time by product type, with regular reviews based on quality /season, to ensure that we maximise production within the business
- Reduce downtime of the production lines year on year.
- Plan downtime for maintenance with the production team, engineers and 3rd party suppliers/contractors.
- Troubleshoot any problems during
- Forecast packaging stock use, replenishment (just in time) and monitor
- Monitor production and raw material
- Collect and assess data on production and performance.
- Bi-annual reviews for team
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent computer and presentation skills
- Stress management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Mathematical and statistical competence
- Attention to detail
- Superior problem solving skills
We would love to hear from you! Please apply via this website or call Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715044 quoting Ref: 5243cc