Public Relations Account Director – Maternity Cover
Based Leominster, Herefordshire
Full or part time considered.£40,000 – £45,000 pro-rata depending upon experience.
23 days holiday + Bank Holidays pro-rata
Our client is creatively very special! They are a highly innovative, responsive and forward-thinking public relations agency specialising in food, farming and rural industries. They pride themselves on their long-term client relationships and offer a broad range of services. With a working environment that is fun with an ethos for team working, professional development and being the best that they can be.
They are looking for a key individual to join them as Public Relations Account Director for a 12-month contract to cover maternity leave. The role requires you to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced agency environment, ‘spinning lots of plates’ and to bring your exceptional time management and people skills to the business!
- Head-up and provide direction to a large portfolio of clients, including consulting upon, developing and driving major campaigns
- Lead and mentor a team showcasing strong management, leadership and people skills
- Build relationships with clients to become a trusted confidant
- Strategically approach client campaigns, showcasing a depth of comms and industry knowledge
- Take a pivotal internal role, including a position within the senior management team
- Take over-all control of client budgeting and responsibility of fees within the client portfolio
- Ultimate responsibility for all client outputs, will require press, copywriting and proofing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Personality: Self-driven, highly motivated and results focussed, the candidate will require high quality standards and be able to manage their own workload. Must be a team player who can effectively delegate with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Specific job skills: Must be an experienced communications professional and have in depth knowledge of the marketing matrix. An understanding of the rural marketplace would be advantageous, as would previous agency experience
- Personal situation: The role may require the candidate to spend one or two nights away per month and on occasions work hours may be extended. Must have a driving licence
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office
- Literacy and numeracy: Must be confident in budgeting and relish having responsibility for client budgets
- Management ability: People-management skills, experience and natural management ability will be useful. Experience in coaching teams in writing skills and proofreading is preferred
This is a great role with a great business with great prospects! To find our more apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5174M