We are seeking an experienced Quality Controller – Fresh Produce for our client who is a major importer to the UK of fresh produce from all over the world. This particular role will be focusing on supporting the Quality Control / Technical Team in all QC activities, with responsibility for ensuring that all Quality Control standards and processes are met from Goods In, Packing and Despatch.
You will have a minimum of 3 years in a Quality Control QC Fresh Produce environment, and be able to thrive in a fast paced environment. You will have BRC knowledge and will need to communicate, plan and organise effectively.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure that all Quality Control Standards and Systems are adhered to through completion of Goods In inspection Reports using Customer Specifications.
- Act as liaison between the Pack House (PGFPL) and PGCL regarding quality issues, packing requirements and stock rotation.
- Ensure any quality concerns are managed effectively and communicated to the Technical Manager – Prepack and relevant Procurement teams where necessary.
- Photograph and write reports on any produce that gives concern and inform the Technical Manager – Prepack and relevant Procurement teams.
- Ensure accurate stock rotation through Goods In reporting by working with PGFPL Stock team and raise any concerns to the Technical Manager – Prepack and the Pack House Operations Manager.
- Assist in ensuring packing efficiencies are not compromised by working with PGPFL and PGCL to improve procedures through:
1. Interim Inspection reporting.
2. Stock Control and rotation.
3. Shelf life monitoring – both from Goods In to finished Goods.
4. Uploading accurate information on the Goods In reports using tablets.
5. Ensure correct Date Coding is received on packed goods being packed at source.
6. Ensuring packed Goods arrive in the correct Packaging Format.
7. Daily checks of Class 2 Produce out graded from the Pack House for resale on wholesale markets.
Ensure that all the requirements of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy are observed and adhered to.
How to Apply:
Just send your CV via this page or call Caroline Crouchman on 01284 715055 – Ref 05112CC