Our client is a company dedicated to the source, development, supply, and distribution of a comprehensive range of quality food products from around the world. They are highly experienced in all aspects of sales, marketing and distribution of brands, private label and food ingredients. They supply all leading multiple retailers, wholesalers, independents, food manufacturers and the ethnic foodservice sector. Their products are sourced from all over the world to meet their customers’ needs and are covered by their unique quality assurance guarantee.
Due to ongoing growth, they require a Raw Material Buyer/Trader to join their business based near Cambridge in the UK.
To purchase the necessary raw materials in line with the company’s strategy & goals, in order to maintain and meet the forecasted sales requirements of the company’s full portfolio of accounts. In doing so, to maximise company profits by making effective trading decisions, and actively managing forward contracts and stocks within the budgetary constraints set the main group.
Provide market information and competitive pricing to the sales team enabling them to deliver organic growth to the business.
- Collate and analyse relevant fundamental pulse market information and provide via weekly updates to the General Manager the data and sentiment required to enable an effective purchasing strategy for the business’ portfolio of products.
- Raw material purchasing and contract management.
- Negotiate buying and shipping terms in line with forecasts and costings.
- Effectively manage and fully hedge foreign exchange in line with the Company’s protocols.
- Maximise the advantages to the business of any TRQ licences.
- Analyse sales data and liaise closely with Senior Management, Commercial, Shipping and Production teams to manage stockholding positions in line with the Company’s forecast requirements.
- Perform accurate and timely sales price costings in response to customer enquiries.
- Generate sales price lists for Commercial teams relative to market and currency fluctuations.
- Build relationships within the group and external trading partners.
- Ensure suppliers are aligned with group principles and approved by the quality department prior to purchase of raw materials.
- Approval of pre shipment samples where appropriate.
- Provide relevant information and pricing to facilitate the compilation of the annual budget / profit plan.
- Be conversant with the site quality systems required to maintain BRC accreditation.
- Be aware of and operate in accordance with relevant health & safety regulations to ensure H&S objectives are fully implemented.
What We Are Keen to See from You:
- Our client is very keen to source an individual with excellent purchasing / trading experience and who is capable of buying at the right time and then setting the sales prices for their collective sales team.
- Proven experience and a proven track record within the food/pulses sectors would be ideal.
- Excellent negotiating skills and cost awareness.
- High level communication skills.
Hugely progressive business and a hugely career enhancing role within the fresh food trading sectors. Please submit your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 to discuss further quoting reference number Ref: 05360M