Regional Trials Co-ordinator
Suffolk Based with UK Travel
Soil. The definition of soil is “A mixture of organic matter, minerals, gases, liquids, and organisms that together support life.”
Our client looks to maximize the potential of soil for a broad range of customers including farmers and major Government Environmental bodies. They are an independent trials company specialising in environmental & agricultural field research including soil sampling within the UK.
Due to significant growth they are now looking for a Regional Trials Co-ordinator to join their highly impressive team. They are looking for a committed individual with an agricultural background and with practical experience and ability in using standard farm machinery. You will have a formal agricultural/ scientific qualification, have an organised approach to work and be willing to work long hours when the season demands require.
Key Elements of The Role:
- Liaise with management regarding all trials work that is required
- Help to allocate these trials to the Trials officers and to help monitor progress with their trials programmes
- Be responsible for own trials including the likes of AHDB wheat and oat trials, ensuring that the workbooks are maintained, and data entered in a timely manner.
- Work with the management to ensure that all the trials work is up to date and allocated working with the ‘Trials Manager’ programme.
- To help ensure that drilling, harvesting and other equipment is properly maintained and good to be used as and when required.
- To oversee the calibration of sprayers and fertiliser spreaders ensuring they are always up to a suitable standard.
- To give help in reviewing SOP’s to ensure that these are up to date and are a true reflection of working practice in the field.
- To assist in the training of staff.
- To liaise with the management regarding the soil sampling programme helping to make sure that operations are as up to date as feasible and that jobs are properly communicated to relevant staff.
- To be responsible for making sure that all staff have the relevant PPE for the work and that they are fully conversant with the use of that equipment.
- To assist with the recruitment of future staff.
What Are They Ideally Looking For:
They wish to source a committed individual with an agricultural background and with practical experience and ability in using standard farm machinery. As such you will have a formal agricultural/ scientific qualification, have an organised approach to work and be willing to work long hours when the season demands require.
We as a recruitment consultancy have worked for this business for a number of years and we passionately believe that their potential cannot be underestimated. They are in a steep growth curve and as such individuals who join them will gain the benefit of that acceleration of business in terms of career enhancement and longevity.
To find out more, please apply via this website or call Caroline Crouchman for more information on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5167CC