Responsible Sourcing Advisor
Due to a recent review of business activities and the recognition for the need of a dedicated and focused specialist, a career-defining opportunity has now emerged to work as a Responsible Sourcing Advisor to assist in delivering the strategic objective of targeted leadership in ethical, social and environmental sustainability in areas of greatest impact across our clients supply chains. You will work with suppliers and internal teams to make sure workers within global supply chains are treated fairly, and that responsibility is taken for the environmental impact of activities, and wider impacts within the communities they impact upon. You will provide practical guidance and support and share best practice on driving sustainable improvements in line with internal and customer requirements.
What will I do?
- Monitor suppliers’ conformance to requirements on an ongoing basis and report as part of governance process
- Ensure the dissemination of the Code of Conduct for Responsible sourcing throughout the supply base and record acknowledgement
- Monitor SEDEX self-assessment questionnaires (SAQ’s) and follow up on / escalate any areas of non-conformance / concern
- Monitor supplier certifications to sustainability standards (ethical / social / environmental)
- Review supplier social audits to determine the grading of ethical non-conformances and develop continuous improvement plans
- Work with technical teams to follow up outstanding non-conformances with supplier and to make sure non-conformances are closed out within timescales specified
- Assist in the delivery of the businesses Modern Slavery program implementing systems to identify, mitigate and if found remedy instances of modern slavery within global supply chains
- Collate and share best practice examples from the supply chain
- Represent the business within forums, events, networks as directed by line management
What skills and qualifications do I need?
- A degree in a relevant discipline.
- Highly credible and self motivated.
- Be able to demonstrate strong Ethical Trade experience ideally within food products, which should have been gained in a retail or similar food/fresh produce environment.
- Highly enthusiastic with excellent presentational, communication, investigative and organisational skills.
- Effective builder of networks across NGO’s and influential stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity that is extremely high profile and influential that will continue to evolve and develop as the right individual progresses. You would be joining a highly-respected organisation that is entering a hugely exciting period where they are continually looking to support, strengthen and grow their team.
For a confidential chat about this role, please call Ian Reed at Redfox or apply via this website without delay.