Our client has grown to become a market leader in the sourcing, production and distribution of fresh produce to some of the UK’s leading retailers. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a Responsible Sourcing Manager based in Peru, South America, working full-time.
The Responsible Sourcing Manager will support partner-growers. suppliers, technical, commercial and customer teams to lead the implementation of their Human Rights due diligence programme in Peru and when relevant other countries in Latin America such as Brazil.
- Develop strong relationships with exporters, pack houses, growers.
- Drive a culture of increased trust, transparency, and continuous improvement to ensure long term and sustainable changes in HRDD risk assessment practices and standards.
- Conduct supplier site visits, to support with the implementation of HRDD standards and requirements.
- Support and monitor ethical and human rights due diligence on the relevant systems.
- Lead periodic KPI reporting and supplier benchmarking to present to customers and the business.
- Analyse third-party non-conformance trends and highlight the most salient risks.
- Engage and communicate with auditing certification bodies to discuss audit findings, calibration and resolve stubborn issues.
- Review the effectiveness of HR mechanisms: e.g., grievance mechanisms, remediation, responses to serious allegations.
- Review and conduct gap analysis of industry standards, legislation changes and customer policy changes.
- Actively contribute to multi-stakeholder projects and/or working groups in Peru / Latin America related to human rights and labour issues (Stronger Together, ETI, FNET).
Key skills and experience
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and oral)
- Educated to university degree level • Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Fully conversant with international Human Rights standards and legislation including ETI base code, ILO Conventions, UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and local human rights legislation.
- Experience managing diverse stakeholders including external parties such as NGOs, Government, Trade Unions
- Lead auditor or formal auditing qualification / SAI Basic Auditor Course.
- Experience within the Ethical and Human Rights sector within manufacturing/production/farming/retail industries.
- Experience completing supplier or internal ethical audits and worker interviews
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please apply via. this website without delay.