Retail Technical Standards and Audit Advisor
Based Welwyn Garden City
About Our Client
This business has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for their customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes them such a great place to work and they are rightly proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year for 2019. They are passionate about their food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for their customers.
About the role
For this exciting role, you will tasked to support the management of the supplier Technical standards and audit programmes. You will achieve this through the overall management of scheduling for the global audit programmes across Food and Non-Food, audit results and non-conformance data analysis and resolving day to day audit queries in a timely and efficient manner. The role requires quick thinking in a fast paced environment and also includes long term improvement driving projects as well.
What The Role Entails:
- You will have overall responsibility for the scheduling of our clients global supplier technical audit programme. This contributes to their due diligence defence as well as visibility of the technical capacity and capability of their supplier base.
- To build strong relationships with both their audit providers and their technical teams to ensure the smooth running of the audit programmes.
- Support the audit managers in the management of each audit provider and support the calibration and training of colleagues, suppliers and auditors in their standards and audit programmes.
- Support the technical teams and suppliers through the audit process from scheduling to close out.
- Using strong analytical and trending skills to accurately interpret data in order to produce reports that support both the Audit Managers, Technical teams and senior Leadership to drive improvement in both our audit programmes and supplier base by identifying key opportunities for development.
- General day to day team support
Key people and teams you will be working with:
- Product Regulatory Compliance Team
- Category Teams
- Audit Service Providers
What We Want To See From You:
- Verbal and written communication
- Networking and managing relationships with your colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers
- Organisational skills
- Working at pace to achieve deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- 2 years’ experience in related industry
- Manufacturing or auditing background preferable
- A good level of competency in Excel
- A good working knowledge of IT packages (Microsoft Office and SharePoint)
- A strong IT skill set to allow for adapting to the use of Tesco internal systems
- Either Degree level/equivalent qualification or extensive industry experience
What’s in it for you!
Our client offers excellent benefits that help make their business a great place to work. These include:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases in-store
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan – 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance – 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme & Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through including Mobile & Banking
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Great role. Great business…probably one of the best! Please apply via this website or call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 5087IR