Retail Technologist – General Merchandise (Parental Cover & Initially for 6 Months)
Based Welwyn Garden City
About Our Client
This business has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for their customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes them such a great place to work and they are rightly proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year for 2019. They are passionate about their food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for their customers.
About the role
You will be at the forefront of new development in Non-food Seasonal items for Christmas, Halloween, Valentines and gifting events for our client. You will work alongside an experienced Technical development team in one of the most exciting and fun areas in the company!
You will be able to gain experience of varied products, and access to training and development on electrical investigations. There is potential for international travel as part of the role, and you will also experience Product Development in a fast paced environment.
What The Role Entails:
- Supporting the Technical Manager (TM) and category to ensure that products in your area are safe, legal, responsibly sourced and meet the product brief, company rules & policies and customer expectations.
- Developing expertise in the field, achieving KPIs and supporting development of policy/protocol in my category
- Working with the TM to minimise cost and risk in the supply chain and product range, ensuring appropriate controls are in place for consistency, legality and quality of products & packaging and signing off products where appropriate
- Ensuring required Due Diligence documents are in place. Ensuring labelling is legal and factually correct
- Monitoring all quality feedback and assisting in implementing actions to resolve issues, ensuring customer queries are answered in a timely way
- Escalating and gathering data to support Incident management and enforcement challenges in my product area
- Inputting product, benchmarking, process and improvement ideas into the New Product Development plan
- Contributing to strategy development with Category teams, supplying data to identify the best suppliers & sources
- Supporting the TM and category to monitor supplier and product performance, communicating trends to the team
- Following their Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
Please note that should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date
What We Want To See From You:
- Customer focused
- Strong Initiative with proactive ways of working
- Personable and able build strong relationship and coloration with all stakeholders and suppliers
- Proactive ways of working
- Analytical and able to interpret data
- Able to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Agile and open minded in your approach
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office packages
- Relevant Degree and/or Previous relevant Experience and a proven track record of delivering safe, legal and ethical products to the customer.
Who would be suitable for this role?
Anyone with a genuine passion for product, someone with experience in a QA/Quality environment and familiar with a range of product types – from toys to textiles.
Ideal skills/experience that we would love to see:
- Experience in Retail
- Experience in a variety of Product types
- Experience in a variety of Materials
What’s in it for you!
Our client offers excellent benefits that help make their business a great place to work. These include:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases in-store
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan – 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance – 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme & Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through including Mobile & Banking
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Great role. Great business…probably one of the best! Please apply via this website or call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting ref: 5085IR