SALES MANAGER REQUIRED
UK OR HOLLAND BASED
EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS
As the international supply chain shortens and growers become even more sophisticated and strategically aware, there is a need to simplify the route to market and to the consumer for the benefit of all. Our client is one of the international business leading that new way of thinking and as such they are looking for a sales focussed individual to assist them to achieve their business goals for the UK and EU retail and associated markets.
They were formed in the early 90’s and have been successfully exporting fresh product to destinations throughout the world ever since. Through their regional network, local producer knowledge and logistical experience, they have created effective partnerships throughout the supply chain. Their vision is to remain as leaders in the supply of fresh product from source to client with a focus on quality and freshness. Their team is committed to providing a total solution by having a quality driven supply base, sustainable partnerships with suppliers and customers as well as having a complete logistical solutions.
The main products they are majoring on range from exotic veg, soft and stone fruit and flowers.
Due to their ongoing company expansion and a desire to work directly with key retailers, foodservice and wholesale customers in the UK and Europe, they are looking for a Sales Manager to work with them on a full time basis to grow sales of their unique fresh produce products into the UK and Europe.
The purpose of the role is to build and implement the sales and marketing strategy for the companies European expansion plans and share in the success of it.
And as you would expect, to be applicable for the role we need to see a professional background in sales of fresh produce, with some experience in marketing or trade marketing. Most importantly will be your network of contacts into UK & EU retailers/foodservice customers. This is so that you will be able to gain the sales leads that you and our client will want to achieve ongoing.
Key Elements of The Role:
- Excellent sales/trading ability in the UK/EU markets based around fresh produce sales
- Identify key sales target customers and thereafter ensuring successful distribution
- Working closely with the operational team overseas to ensure a strong logistics strategy and excellence in logistics execution.
- Managing the accounts of the different customers, ensuring their needs are met as well as the needs of the company, whether logistical, promotional or financial.
- Partnering with customers to develop trade marketing initiatives to further accelerate rate of sale.
What we want to see:
- Entrepreneurial profile, initiator, strong communicator, assertive, energetic and professional.
- Can work independently and has ability to manage and prioritise different work and skill demands whilst being part of a team that is globally based
- Is tenacious and resilient.
- Ability to work with all MS Office products.
- Excellent retail/foodservice/wholesale fresh sector connections within the UK and Europe
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in UK and Europe in this exciting commercial opportunity on a Sales Manager basis, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Please apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref:05006M