SALES & MARKETING DIRECTOR – FOR ONE OF THE MOST INSPIRING & RECOGNISED INTERNATIONAL FRESH SECTOR BUSINESSES
BASED NORTHAMPTONSHIRE WITH INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
EXCELLENT SENIOR LEVEL PACKAGE & BENEFITS TO ATTRACT THE BEST
Blue Skies was founded by Anthony Pile MBE in 1997 with the direct mission to build together a profitable enterprise where people respect each other, care for the environment and inspire a legacy for the future.
As a business they passionately believe in ‘Adding Value at Source’. This means they aim to make the finished product in the country or region where the fruit is grown. By doing this they return more value to the communities that produce their fruit, and as such can deliver products that are Fresh from Harvest. They work closely with their growers to achieve the highest standards in quality, ethical trade and environmental care and adhere to leading international standards including Fairtrade, Organic, and LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming). Uniquely they have developed their category range to now include branded ice cream (all dairy free) as well as lollies and have other fantastic new product development coming online to further broaden their retail offering internationally.
They employ over 5,000 people at their key facilities in Ghana, Egypt, South Africa, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Brazil and the UK. By ‘Adding Value at Source’ be it conventional fruit or branded products, they are far closer to their farmers and return more to communities through job creation, skills development and technology transfer.
As one of the most sought-after businesses to work for in the Fresh and FMCG sectors, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their senior management team to meet the increasing positive requirements from their retail customers internationally. They are looking to now appoint a SALES & MARKETING DIRECTOR to plan and map and implement their strategic and marketing growth ongoing.
In this pivotal role you will have ultimate control of the businesses commercial, marketing and strategic direction with its key retailers internationally. So interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute must.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- To manage all of their highly valued retail customer accounts at a senior level and to further develop and gain more profitable business from them
- Lead the global implementation of the Group’s combined marketing strategy
- To create and deliver programme objectives to support the implementation and delivery of improved business performance, processes and ways of working with key retailers
- Agree business targets and translate these into prioritised customer and delivery plans again with the key retailers
- Determine, monitor and review programme costs, resource levels, staffing costs and program risk to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery
- Leadership of the complete commercial and marekting team in the UK and overseas to ensure delivery of initiatives on time and in line with your targets and your objectives
- Align programme objectives with business objectives and authorise the selection, prioritisation and planning of all related project activities, to create an integrated programme and reporting process across the retail accounts
- Create and lead the joint ways of working within the team, driving alignment, consistency and unity in how the team operates and behaves to create a culture ongoing of winning!
- Be available for overseas travel with the customer when required
- Manage profitability and all financial KPI’s effectively
- Create commercial and marketing success ongoing
What will make the Ideal candidate for Blue Skies:
The role would suit a degree qualified senior level Commercial and Marketing expert who is people oriented and an excellent commercial leader. You will thrive on working as part of a team, managing multiple stakeholders and working in a pressured environment of continuous improvement.
Ideally, we need you to have previous senior level FMCG/Fresh Food experience of working with top Retailers. We need you to have demonstrable experience of developing influential relationships with customers and suppliers alike as well as excellence in brand positioning and creative commercial and marketing development. And it goes without saying that you will be PC literate with fantastic communication, numerical and influencing skills.
- Blues Skies is unique, so you will be unique as well
- You will be outgoing, with the ability to get on and influence retailers, growers and everyone in between.
- Be able to lead the Groups global implementation for its commercial and marketing/brand strategy
- Be able to navigate the Blues Skies retail systems effectively
- Possess very strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Appreciate what has been achieved to date by Blues Skies and create the next positive step change for the business
This is potentially one of the most exciting roles we have seen in the fresh sectors for two defined reasons. Firstly because of the attributes of Blues Skies as a company combined with their growth to date and secondly because of the commercial and marketing freedom they are looking to offer the right individual to create commercial success in this hugely exciting role.
To find out more, please send us your details via this website in the first instance or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 5064M
Please note that any third party applications will be forwarded directly to Redfox.