Senior Commercial/Procurement Manager Required
Excellent Package & Benefits
Redfox has been commissioned to source a Senior level Commercial/Procurement Manager for a business that has a very strong UK presence in fresh produce and who are now looking to expand their supply from the EU and potentially further afield. As a leading business in their defined category area, they partner with a number of key UK retailers who are keen for them to expand their supply across the year to the benefit of them all.
As such, you will be responsible for creating key strategic and long-term partnerships with key growers in the UK, EU and internationally. The successful candidate will be responsible for the global sales strategy and performance as well as assisting with sourcing/procurement, with a direct team reporting to them.
You will be responsible for establishing and running the relationships with the retail base and the growers to maximising the sales and profit opportunity by supporting and directing the business to successful outcomes. You will be responsible for the accurate communication and negotiation of prices, deliveries, specification and service of the fresh products to your retail customer base in the UK.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Develop and deliver an effective sales and procurement strategy that drives sales and maximises company profit and secures the relationship with key retailers
- Develop grower base in the UK, EU and Internationally forming long term relationships
- Ensure the business deliveries to customers are accurate and within specification and maximise retail customer retention
- Plan and deliver sales and profit enhancing trade promotions
- Ensure the team effectively present product and seasonal opportunities
- Liaise with the company departments on a regular basis as required
- Report weekly on progress to the Managing Director
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Attend via Zoom or similar any internal or external meetings
- Ensure sales team are fully trained, motivated and supported in their roles
- Excellent level of spoken and written English – other EU languages are beneficial
- Experience within the fresh produce import industry required
- Hardworking and honest outlook
- Lead, contribute and work effectively within a team
- Confident and professional negotiator
- Able to adhere to the values and mission of the company
- Ability to travel internationally upon request
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to manage change and comply with internal and external business processes
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and ability to adapt to technology based ways of working
If you have the ability to create the “success” for our client in this hugely exciting Senior Commercial and Procurement Manager opportunity, we would be very keen to hear from you.
Please apply via this website or contact Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05525M