Senior Operations Manager required for a leading Fresh Sector business
Based: South East England
Executive Package + Benefits
Redfox has been exclusively commissioned by a major fruit importation business as they herald another successful year of expansion in their defined sectors. They have grown their business exponentially in terms of new customers be that key retailers, foodservice clients and newly acquired high value international growers. This even more so as we collectively work through the commercial and businesses oddities of the current pandemic. Their business model services the UK & European retailers through various distribution channels for a successful direct trading relationship.
They are looking for a key individual to assist in their continuing double-digit growth as Senior Operations Manager for their business.
The key purpose of the role is to build and implement the operational and planning strategy for the companies UK & European expansion. But to note, this is no ivory tower role of company. You can be dealing with a key UK retailer and one moment to sorting out issues with key third party packing providers the next. The role will be highly fluid and as such they expect you to be like them and be prepared to work from the top to the bottom of the business to create success.
- Create and develop an effective Operational and Planning organisation and associated team on a multi-site basis
- Provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing operational planning and allocation and changing the business towards a demand driven model
- Lead and manage the Operations and Planning team as well as positively influencing third party packers and their team on the same basis
- Build business relations to stakeholders, customers, growers and internal departments within the company
- Work closely with allocation functions to ensure plans are executed operationally
- Lead & manage common operational and planning governance meetings in order to optimise planning to increase customer service and sell the produce that growers grow
- Establish and refine Operational Planning processes (incl. KPI’s) supported by the latest technology platforms
- Lead the overall Operational Planning processes (from multi-year to daily planning process), driving sign-off meetings and build solid analysis-based recommendations with sales team (scenarios) and align planning principles to secure a smooth process flow
- Bring best practice from similar organisations into operational planning and allocation processes
- Establish timely performance measures (KPI’s) and ensure corrective actions based on these
- Work with IT to develop planning and forecasting tools to support the process for grower and customer supply and demand planning
- Lead and manage operations and planning across the business and reporting to the CEO
- Secure aligned operational planning and allocation principles, establishing a process for updating these to reflect grower and market situations
- Establish and continuously develop operational planning and allocation systems supported by IT
- Monitor the performance and transparency of the operational planning processes and perform benchmarks (best practice)
- Advise and support the Board, CEO and management on planning trends and issues
- Establish Operational Planning departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organisation of the Operational Planning team
- Ideally you will be degree qualified, have experience in food/FMCG (or similar sectors) and have a proven track record in Operations and Planning.
- Ability to think strategically, but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
- Ability to interact at Board level and participate in strategic decision-making.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritise and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- An enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills to develop and negotiate contracts.
- An entrepreneurially-minded self-starter consistently looking for new ways to grow and strengthen the company outside of the traditional boundaries of the Senior Operations Manager role
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel.
- Advanced practical knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is essential.
To explore this career enhancing opportunity with one of the UK’s most innovative and forward thinking fresh produce businesses, please submit your resume via this website. To discuss further, please call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 for a confidential discussion quoting reference: 05168M