Our client is one of the UK’s leading Vertical Farms. They are committed to sustainable and profitable growth through their innovation, production expertise, financial strength and sustainable energy source.
Their ambitious growth plans means they are now keen to bring in a Senior Planner to develop and maintain robust delivery schedules for work activities with clear milestones and monitoring activities to support the project schedule including interdisciplinary constraints or interfaces that define activity sequences. Work with the Design & Construction team to coordinate work sequences and resources with the total project plan (programme integrated schedule). This will be carried out for fit-out works on existing sites, working around active site operation, and also for future sites.
Perform schedule monitoring, including identifying critical activities and updating functions for specific applications, disciplines, or specialties. Assist the development and implementation requirements for updating and monitoring the schedule.
Ensure project time constraints are met via careful and coordinated planning throughout. Reporting to all stakeholders and ensuring the project schedule is accurate on a daily basis.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accountability for ensuring project plans are developed in detail to ensure time constraints are met, monitored and reported on through all stages of the project.
• Develop programme, milestones and tracking progress against agreed baselines.
• Assess subcontractor compliance with established scheduling methodology.
• Communicate and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders on the project schedule.
• Analyse resource requirement and availability impacts on the schedule and recommend recovery options.
• Analyse critical paths and key project plan risks to help ensure timelines are met and contingency measures are available.
• Introduce and analyse change in programmes.
• Evaluate supply chain and subcontract programmes.
• Integrate fit-out programmes with operations and available resources both during construction and for retrofitting projects within our facilities during live operation to ensure no downtimes.
• Collating lessons learnt from current farms for future farms and tracking these to ensure adherence.
• Highly Advanced user of project planning software such as Microsoft Projects, Primavera P6 or similar suitable software;
• Excellent communication skills;
• 15+ years of experience in construction and particularly complex fit-out programmes;
• Able to manage complex project programmes of high Capex value (£10m +);
• Ideally experience in food and manufacturing facilities construction and fit-out.