Helping food and drink businesses succeed through science, technology and information services
To lead, manage and develop the Wine & Spirits Section to deliver sustainable growth by ensuring the provision of relevant, cost-effective services and projects to the wine and spirits industry.
• Maximising staff motivation and ensuring the availability and efficient utilisation of resources/facilities
• Commercial awareness in timely service/project delivery,
• Maintaining excellent service quality and technical excellence,
• Driving operational efficiency and safe working in compliance with business systems.
• To provide strategic thinking and actively seek business development opportunities
• Delivering financial performance in terms of growth and profitability.
• Developing the current team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• A degree Chemistry or MSc – likely to be a recognised expert in field
• Minimum of 5 years experience interpreting chemical and sensory analytical data of global wines and spirits
• Strong knowledge of wine bottle and win importing processes
• Experience of supervising staff to deliver results on-time and to budget
• Experience of working in a fast paced, high throughput laboratory
• Computer literate – proficient use of Word, Excel, Power Point and LIMS
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of UK and global wine industry
• Ability to advise, influence and consult on client projects
Hybrid Working considered.