Head of Operations – Australia (Sydney) Based
Exceptional Senior Level Management Package plus Associated Benefits and Relocation Costs
Are you looking for an opportunity to play a hugely pivotal role in guiding one of Australia’s Fresh Produce sectors most forward thinking businesses towards new heights in expansion, collaboration and consumer influence? If so…read on….
Poised for further major growth, our client is transforming fresh sector production and marketing in a select range of fresh product lines in Australia and surrounding country areas. They grow, pack and market a variety of salad, meal kits/bowls , value-added vegetables, prepared deli salads and other associated products. All of their product ranges share the common element of top quality produce, fresh from the farm. And with the key commercial relationships they have with their customers, they understand what is core to their business – driving exceptional quality and production standards and strategic marketing plans, as well as new product development to remain highly innovate and invaluable to all of their consumers in an ever growing market sector.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Ops for their major Sydney site plays a critical role in providing leadership and management of their people, to drive their transition to a AUD $500m revenue company.
This hands-on role will take personal responsibility for the journey going towards zero harm in all areas of the site, driving improvement and engaging our client people. The manager will partner with their National Operations team to define the companies Production System, then run the Site in accordance with the standards that have been established.
Equally the Head of Ops will ensure the safe operation of their Sydney facilities through compliance with all statutory, legislative and business requirements, and be a role model in food safety including personal ownership of the product safety and quality through the site HACCP plan’s.
Factors for Creating a Success In the Role:
- To take full accountability for the site ensuring all short-, medium- and long-term priorities are delivered, and performance is managed to agreed levels.
- To direct the site steering team members to lead and manage the site and create a culture which reflects the client’s company values. As the ultimate site leader, you will be seen as a guiding example for the site, living the values and demonstrating the behaviours they want from their people. Drive organisational development through coaching and mentoring to enable them to achieve their operational and automaton objectives.
- To manage the day to day whilst maintaining a strategic view, ensuring they have the systems people and capabilities in place to meet the business requirements across a 3-to-5-year time horizon.
- Alongside the other Site Managers and National Operations Team members to create and deliver their bench strength plans to ensure a future pipeline of operational leaders at all levels within and outside the site.
- To ensure that every member of the operations team is invested and acting with integrity, providing confidence to our customers and consumers.
Key Performance Measures:
- Work with site staff to upskill as needed to successfully deliver year on year margin and capacity improvements as well as CI and future automation projects on an ongoing basis.
- Management of site staff through EPR and ongoing process to drive best practice ways of working and harmonize the sites.
- Ensures food and people safety are a priority on the factory floors, ensuring risk to our people, customers and consumers is adequately controlled, ensures year-on-year improvement.
- Recruits, retains and develops talent at all levels of the site to ensure succession of our people, promoting country-wide mobility.
- Bench strength, succession plans, roles with internal successor, rotation, and mobility of operational staff.
- Year on year improvement in margin and supply, limited external recruitment, CEP review.
- Deliver on LEAN projects for continuous improvement.
- Ensures all aspects of the site P&L are delivered annually, that the agreed production plan is achieved within agreed budget, converting incoming raw material to ready to deliver stock.
- Operate the facilities to their HACCP, GMP and food safety policies, procedures and processes, ensuring they control food safety risk.
- Specifically, to own the site HACCP plan and to work with the National Technical to deliver year on year improvement in food safety standards.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong commercial acumen, challenging the status quo to deliver growth.
- Ability to co-ordinate and influence multiple stakeholders to achieve goals.
- High level of capability in managing many moving and evolving activities simultaneously.
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills.
- The desire to take your proven ability to Australia and create a real difference ongoing with our client.
- Ideally a Degree in Manufacturing, Technical, Supply Chain, Science or Engineering discipline or experience equivalent to same.
- LEAN / TPM / CI / six sigma accreditation.
- Project Management experience in the AUD$10k to AUD$5,00,000 range.
- Business qualifications such as MBA or similar would be advantageous/
Work Experience & Skills:
- Experience of manufacturing and production processes in a senior management position.
- Experience of implementing change and driving improvement through teams.
- Experience developing team and delivering capabilities for change.
- Experience leading multiple functions, supply chain, production, engineering, HR and BI.
- Site management or deputy, used to Regulatory and Union interaction.
- Knowledge of LEAN / CI / six sigma / TPM tools and processes.
- Experience gained during the automation of manual process.
- Experience with short shelf-life product, food and drink and FMCG.
Interested?! To find out more on this unique position with one of Australia’s leading fresh sector businesses, please apply via this website.
To have a confidential conversation, please contact Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref: 05474M