Site Technical Manager wanted
Our client is one of the largest food manufacturers in the UK with multiple sites supplying a wide range of food products, meat, fish, produce and horticulture. They are part of a fully integrated supply chain.
Due to continued success, a career-defining opportunity has emerged to work as SITE TECHNICAL MANAGER for this leading and highly respected business. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver the business objectives. You will be expected to proactively drive forward and effectively communicate product and process innovation and quality standards also ensuring that the state-of-the-art production sites meet strict company policy requirements. You will be a significant member of the senior team with very strong leadership ability.
• Working within a multi-disciplinary Manufacturing team to drive Manufacturing performance.
• Adding value to the business by providing commercially sensitive, objective, technical expertise.
• Manages supplier assurance, scorecards, approval list and audits & welfare if applicable
• Manage delivery of the end to end quality process in product area.
• Manages food safety, legal, quality and compliance, audits and customer services for third party customers.
• Delivering technical strategy ensuring that strategic points are clearly defined, measured and monitored.
• Investigating customer complaints trends and other identified product issues instigating the product withdrawal and recall processes where appropriate
• Ensuring technical standards, policies, procedures and communications are clear, concise and easy to understand and are applied without diluting the importance of the principles embodied in them.
• Develop technical team and capabilities to create excellence within the team.
The Qualities we want to see
Degree in relevant science, eg. food, manufacturing or a closely related discipline
Good working knowledge of all accreditation standards and relevant legislation
An appreciation of the safety, legal compliance, compositional and quality aspects of products in the defined area and a clear understanding of their related technologies
Specialised technical or manufacturing knowledge preferably of cooked meats
Lead assessor qualification and/or significant experience of supplier auditing
Experience of working with 3rd party testing organisations
Understanding of the UK and EU legal framework, in particular General Product Safety Directive and other product specific legislation
Commercial acumen which facilitates a contribution to product selection decisions or ‘value engineering’
Ability to manage crisis situations such as product withdrawals and recalls
Excellent communication and influencing skills
Investigative decision maker
Route cause analysis problem solving skills
Highly developed planning, organising and project management skills
High degree of self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm
Strong people developer
££To attract the Best
Private Health cover
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Redfox on (phone number removed) or apply via this website ASAP.