Are you passionate about Berries ? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to oversee the growth and management of soft fruits in the beautiful landscape of Angus in Scotland? If so, we have the perfect role for you! Our client is a successful family-owned operation dedicated to sustainable farming practices and the production of high-quality Blueberries & Table-Top Strawberries. With a strong commitment to innovation and environmental stewardship, they strive to deliver exceptional products to their customers while preserving the natural beauty of their surroundings.
They are seeking an experienced and dedicated Soft Fruit Growing Manager to join their team. As the Soft Fruit Growing Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the soft fruit cultivation process, from planting to harvesting, ensuring optimal yield and quality. This is a hands-on role that requires strong leadership skills, horticultural expertise, and a passion for sustainable agriculture.
- Manage the overall soft fruit cultivation process, including planting, irrigation, pest and disease control, fertilization, and harvesting
- Monitor and maintain crop health, ensuring that plants receive proper care and attention throughout their growth cycle.
- Develop and implement effective strategies for pest and disease management, taking proactive measures to minimize crop damage.
- Oversee the harvesting and post-harvesting processes, ensuring timely and efficient operations to preserve fruit quality.
- Manage a team of skilled workers, providing guidance, training, and support to maximize productivity and maintain a positive work environment.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as sales and logistics, to ensure seamless coordination and delivery of products.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, research new cultivation techniques, and implement innovative practices to improve productivity and quality.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in soft fruit cultivation or a related field, with a proven track record of successful crop management.
- Strong knowledge of soft fruit varieties, cultivation techniques, pest and disease control, and harvesting methods.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with different stakeholders.
- Flexibility to work in various weather conditions and physically demanding environments.
- Relevant certifications or qualifications in horticulture or agriculture would be an advantage.
- Language skills such as Russian or Polish would also be distinct advantage.
Join their dynamic team and contribute to the growth of Scotland’s soft fruit industry while working in a picturesque location surrounded by stunning landscapes!
If you are excited about this opportunity and believe you have the skills and experience required, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application via. this website without delay.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps. We appreciate your understanding.