Experienced Soft Fruit Manager Wanted !
Geddes Farms is one of the largest growers of berry and cereal crops in Scotland
The company started in farming by David Geddes over 80 years ago and their agricultural division has grown to one of the largest farming operations in the Angus and Tayside Regions. They are based in the rolling hills of the East of Angus, and have been established in the area for many years, the farm business, is part of a larger organization, which allows access to resources that would not normally be available to a normal soft fruit unit.
This progressive business now needs a very capable and driven individual that will take full responsibility for all Soft Fruit production areas managing all details of the growing operation as required. You will consider all options to raise standards, increase productivity, develop new crops, manage large multi-disciplined teams and hit budget. You will need to manage a range of berry crops so specific hands-on experience will be a distinct advantage.
The company is forward thinking and is always looking for ways to grow and expand the business, we are looking for a like-minded individual to complement our existing team.
Reporting to the Farms Director, this key role has the following responsibilities:
- Health and Safety for all aspects of the operation.
- Forward crop planning and technical administration.
- Setting and maintaining budgets.
- Management and overseeing all aspects of the soft fruit operation.
- Purchase of raw product and sale of produce.
- Overseeing recruitment of workforce.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and think on their feet.
- Good innovative skills, ability to think out of the box and look at future markets.
The remuneration package will be tailor made to match the successful candidate’s current experience level and agreed scope. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who are entering a hugely exciting period. Don’t delay, apply via. this website immediately.