Our client is a leading producer of high quality berries for major UK retailers. They are growing in some of the UK’s most sophisticated and modern production facilities.
Due to on-going developments and internal changes they are now on the hunt for a motivated Spray Operator to join their dynamic and friendly growing team!
- Responsible for ensuring that all elements of the storage, transportation and application of pesticides is done in accordance with statutory requirements
- To calibrate spraying equipment to ensure that the correct rate is being applied to the crop
- To prepare spray equipment for annual NSTS testing
- To carry out general maintenance on spray equipment where necessary
- Notifying your line manager of any problems incurred whilst preparing for or during a spray application
- To be responsible for your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including recorded checking of respirator/tractor cab filters and notifying your line manager of any PPE requirements
- Collect CPD points to maintain NRoSO registration
- Maintain the spray filling area, ensuring that it is in a clean and tidy state and compliant with all environmental regulations
- Disposal of pesticide containers in compliance with environmental regulations
- Maintain Muddyboots GLGM records
- Be aware of how to achieve optimum spray coverage and pest/disease control i.e. are we using the best nozzles, speed, volume, chemical for the job
- Have a basic knowledge of pesticides and their use (together with integrated crop management techniques) and focus on increasing knowledge through appropriate training
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please get your application in via. this website without delay.