We have a great opportunity for an experienced Strawberry Grower with our leading Soft Fruit client, who has grown from decades of experience, innovation and a passion for growing exceptional berries for the UK’s leading supermarkets.
Their farms in the South of England and Portugal are great places to work and need great people to work with them. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to become part of their exciting future as the ‘number one berry grower’ in the UK
Area of Responsibility: To deliver and improve on yield and productivity targets without compromising quality whilst adding value and support to the processes around strawberry production.
- Delivery of high quality strawberry crops all year round.
- Management of irrigation, pest and disease and biological activities.
- Control of the glasshouse environment including temperature, humidity, wind
- To proactively set clear strategies for all stages of crop growth and ensure these strategies are implemented making timely adjustments based on the ever changing weather, crop and market conditions, whilst maintaining clear communication of instructions to the teams involved to delivery of the task set.
- Take the lead in using fertilisation strategies to maximise crop yields whilst considering water and fertiliser usage. Implement fertilisation strategies and ensure those are delivered.
- Regularly monitoring crop and settings to ensure plant health
- Be an active part of the growing team supporting operations as required
- Assist in creating spray plans and schedules ensuring fields are being sprayed at the correct time and in the correct way.
- Knowledge of PRIVA and FACTS an advantage
- Undertake professional training to develop individual knowledge and qualifications.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification in agronomy, horticulture or food production and a minimum of three years’ commercial growing experience, preferably with soft fruit. Knowledge and confidence to make independent decisions on a day –to – day basis and the ability to take responsibility for such decisions is a key requirement. Must speak English, be computer literate and be able to work both individually and in a team.
The successful applicant must also have an enthusiastic approach and possess a strong interest in learning and self – development, have ambition for the future, with good communication skills and an ability to act confidently in a busy and demanding environment.
How to Apply:
Just complete our short application via this role, or call Caroline on 01284 715055 quoting 5172CC