Our client is an awarding-winning highly ethical supplier of prepared produce to major retailers across Europe. Due to continued success, they are now seeking a French speaking Technical Manager for a home-based opportunity.
You will technically represent our client to retail customers on the European continent, working with the UK technical team, guide site technical teams on requirements of customers, ensure food safety, legality, authenticity and quality. To cooperate with the commercial teams in France and the Netherlands and ensure that commercial and technical agendas are aligned.
- Build and maintain customer relationships with assigned customers
- Virtual or face-to-face attendance at customer meetings, benchmarking occasions, conferences etc.
- Attendance at meetings and conferences as required
- Visits to sites and raw material sources as necessary
- Response to customer information requests on products, processes, supply chains, investigations, sustainability
- Support second party and third-party audits and visits at sites and work with the responsible Technical Manager in the UK
- Manage and present information to stakeholders on sustainability topics
- Keep customer systems and documents up to date in co-operation with Specification Technologists
- Compile and report customer KPIs
- Manage customer and consumer complaints
- Assist in enrolment of new customers
- Site liaison for new product development and extended product development, including coordination of trials in cooperation with the NPD teams at site and at the UK Head office.
- Work as part of the technical team at the UK Head office and cooperate with internal departments such as commercial and product development teams.
What you need to demonstrate:
- High standard of knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to assimilate interpret and express complex information
- Ability to work accurately and with advanced attention to detail
- Ability to complete tasks within time constraints/deadlines
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage workload to achieve set targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Biological sciences degree
- Experience (preferred 5 years or more) in short shelf-life foods
- Experience with European food retailers, ideally some experience with French retailer
The role may involve extensive travel, and therefore a valid passport and clean driving licence with reliable transport and business car insurance is essential. The role requires a flexible approach to working hours.
For a confidential chat about this opportunity, call Ian Reed at Redfox or get your application in via. this website.