Today’s juice industry is filled with concentrates, so our hugely innovative client decided what was important to them and to the consumer they wish to serve – health, well-being and nutrition.
The business discovered the vast volume of produce wasted daily, due to it not conforming to the supermarket’s strict criteria on shape and size. This revelation prompted their commitment to fighting the food-waste epidemic by using wonky, surplus produce to make their innovative juices.
They started building long lasting relationships with British farmers across the UK. This meant, Beetroots from Bedfordshire, Carrots from Peterborough, Apples from Surrey and Greens from Lancashire. Currently they have invested heavily into key cold pressed machinery fully fitted with automated, juicing, filling, capping and labelling machines and their range has now grown exponentially with key retailers joining with them to have access to their products on their shelves.
As part of this hugely exciting growth, they now wish to source a key individual as Technical Manager based at their St Neots & Corby sites with travel to London.
What’s the Opportunity?
They are looking for an amazing Technical Manager to lead, shape, and define their existing Technical function. This role will ensure that relationships are developed with suppliers, retailers and internally. You will be integral in developing the Food Safety & Quality systems ensuring they are compliant with retailer’s codes of practice & 3rd party standards.
What will the job involve?
- Ensure relevant standards, HACCP based as appropriate, are communicated, understood, and applied to meet Food Safety, Quality and Legality, and customer specified requirements.
- To lead and fully understand the site HACCP and be involved in the evaluation of risk and defining controls, prior to the introduction of a new process, product, or raw material.
- Provides leadership and ownership for the quality management systems associated with the production of food to the agreed safety, legal and quality standards.
- Leads the business with management of technical audits, hosting audits as appropriate.
- Drives a culture of “fit to produce every day” readiness through the daily operational teams.
- Effectively manages communication on all technical matters with customers, both internal and external, and suppliers to develop relationships.
What skills, traits and experience do they want to see:
- Experience working with food and beverage retailers.
- Cultural fit is super important so someone who is comfortable voicing their opinion, passionate and keen to make a difference will be a perfect fit.
- Demonstrates strong people management skills.
- Previous solid experience within a similar Technical Management role in an FMCG environment.
- HACCP L3 and Food Hygiene L3 at the minimum.
- Food Science degree would be desirable.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Solid experience of collaboration.
What’s On Offer!
- Negotiable salary – the fit and value add is the key factor
- 25 days annual leave
- Regular socials
- Huge opportunities for growth and development
- Free juice!
If, like our client, you are passionate about making a difference in to health, well-being and nutrition, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV via this website or call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 5710IR