Are you passionate about delivering high-quality, ethically produced soft fruit that brings delight to customers’ taste buds and promotes a healthier lifestyle? Do you possess the technical expertise to drive innovation and food safety? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our clients team as a Technical Manager at one of the UK’s leading year-round fruit suppliers.
Our client is dedicated to cultivating and delivering soft fruit that not only meets the highest quality standards but also reflects their commitment to ethical practices and environmental sustainability. Their mission is to bring smiles to people’s faces through delicious, nutritious fruit options that contribute to a healthier world.
The Technical Manager is responsible for ensuring that business leads the market with food safe and customer compliant operations as well as consistent and well-regarded product. The role will collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to assure their customers’ specifications and audit standards are met for all produce delivered to customers, whilst maintaining authenticity and integrity to the supply throughout the business.
As a key leader in the business the Technical Manager must liaise and collaborate with senior leaders and the wider business to shape the technical strategy and successful execution of the plan. This is a key role in the business and as such can have a significant impact on the company’s success.
The role requires great attention to detail and a diligent approach to our customers’ needs and requirements. The ability to foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders is vital in ensuring our customers respect our approach and trust us as a key supplier. The Technical Manager must develop a team that will be on hand to swiftly resolve issues relating to product quality and technical standards and ensure consistent performance and process on all sites. The role will also involve research and validation of new and innovative approaches to production and supply.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure compliance to audit and product specifications across the supply chain.
- Maintain and develop systems and processes used to monitor and control quality and technical parameters.
- Clear and effective communication with customers on our quality horizon and other risk management.
- Clear, respectful & regular communication to the business on technical risk in the supply chain and mitigations taken.
- Challenge and maintain strong hygiene controls across the packhouse and wider business.
- Management and development of a team focused on ensuring audit and quality standards are met.
- Collaborating positively and proactively across the business to ensure quality and technical management is seen as integral to our success.
- Understand how each department/site fits into the business structure.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety regulations as given in company Risk Assessments.
What We Want to See From You:
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record leading a quality or technical function in a fresh produce or fresh food environment.
- You will be able to stand up for what is right in the eyes of the customer and be able to articulate and reason with the business with insight led recommendations.
- The ability to collaborate with other departments to establish best fit solutions to issues raised.
- Be familiar with retail audit standards and have experience implementing continual improvement processes.
- A great “can do” attitude and able to work in a fast and sometimes pressured environment.
- Formal qualifications related to auditing or quality management systems is essential.
- HACCP Level 4 – ideally with prior experience of building HACCP team/scope
- Food Safety Level 4
- Lead Auditor Training preferable
- TACCP training
- BRC Version 9
- Degree or similar qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
- 5 years or more experience in the Fresh Produce Sector
- Driving license.
Join a hugely progressive and forward-thinking company that is redefining the fruit industry through its commitment to ethics, sustainability, and customer satisfaction. As part of their team, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of fruit production while contributing to a healthier world.
To apply, please submit your resume via this website. For further information, contact Ian Reed quoting Ref: 05688IR on 01284 715055. And you can look forward to joining our client in making the world sweeter, healthier, and happier, one delicious berry at a time!