Redfox has been commissioned to assist a major retailer (London based) to source a key individual for their technical team. Such roles are rare in the market, so if of interest don’t delay.
We are searching for an outstanding Technical Manager for Grapes, Avocados and Stone Fruit. In the role you’ll deliver quality products and technical standards to exceed customer expectations ongoing. We are looking for an expert who will influence product and the factors that affect safety and legality, taking a risk-based approach to the management of this. This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver the business objectives.
Key Elements of The Role:
- To identify suppliers who can deliver long term competitive advantage
- To develop strategic relationships with suppliers
- To develop quality, safe, legal and innovative products
- To understand and exceed customers expectations
- To achieve cost reductions, quality improvements and service enhancements
- Define and deliver technical and quality innovation plans to meet customer trends and drive category improvement
- Continually drive improvement in standards through effective detailed site visits/audits based on a risk assessment and regular review meetings
What We Want to See from You:
- Degree or equivalent in horticulture/food science/produce related area or relevant experience
- Superb communication and strong negotiation skills
- Minimum three years fresh produce experience, ideally within fruit
- You must be well-respected within the industry
- Excellent attention to detail with clear focus on end results
- Track record of planning across agronomy, process and packaging to deliver a step change for customers
They are offering a very competitive salary and the role is a mixture of London office and, home based with UK & International travel.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply via this website or call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05205IR