Technical Sales Specialist for biological controls within Fruit and Horticulture – Home based
Our client is a global company that produces and markets biological control products which are used for control of pests and diseases in a wide variety of crops. They provide the highest quality products and service to support a wide range of horticulture and fruit growers in maintaining the quality of their produce. Due to on-going success, they are now looking for an appropriately experienced Technical Sales Specialist.
In this role you will support sales in the UK through excellent technical service and daily relations with customers and distributors; develop new sales opportunities within selected target regions/crops; grow and maintain relationships to maximise sales opportunities and to align with the commercial strategy of the region.
• Responsible for providing technical support for the use of our clients’ products to customers and distributors. Primarily supporting with creating and implementing successful IPM programs in a wide range of Horticultural crops.
• Responsible for achieving sales budgets for allocated clients within the UK
• Responsible for follow up of: technical advice, customer visits, customer and distributor training, sales process, forecasting, promotional activities, product launches, annual budgeting
• Responsible for driving sales of our portfolio within target crops and market segments as specified by company strategies
• Contributing to the development and execution commercial action plans for individual clients, countries, or market segments within the region
• Building a network of contacts to bring bottom up information about the market
• Continuously monitoring and reporting upon all aspects of the current market context; including technical developments, competitor actions, reference prices, market developments, new market opportunities
• Ensuring customers experience a continuous supply of products by working with the Planning and Forecasting department to provide bottom-up forecasts
• Analyse and handle technical challenges/complaints and suggest solutions in collaboration with Commercial Manager
• Developing bottom-up annual sales budgets
• Joining external technical meetings, setting up and executing demo trials, supporting with the launch of new products and attend customer meetings
Working from home office and from customers locations as required. Significant level of national travel required. Primary area of responsibility within the region will be assigned by discussion with the Regional Commercial Manager.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We need the candidate to have experience in horticultural agronomy, commercial horticulture and/or biocontrol. Ideal candidates will have good knowledge of crop protection and integrated crop management gained through experience in agronomy, commercial horticulture and/or biocontrol
• BASIS & FACTS qualified is highly desirable
• Comfortable working within a team or independently
• Ability to independently plan work and organise time
• Excellent communication skills with ability to influence and gain support, communicate effectively and positively within/between departments or with external stakeholders
• Drive to work in a results-oriented manner
• Maintains focus under pressure
If you feel you have the skills for this role and want to join a continually growing and developing company, please send your CV and covering letter via this website ASAP, quoting reference 5155IR