Excellent Senior Level Management Package
Based Eastern Counties
Are you looking for an opportunity to play a hugely pivotal role in guiding one of the UK’s most forward-thinking Fresh Sector businesses towards new heights in expansion, collaboration and retailer growth?
Poised for further major growth, our client has a significant track record in exceptional fresh sector production and marketing in a defined range of fresh product lines. They are the dominate grower and marketer of several highly regarded fresh sector lines with proven long-term relationships with a number of leading key UK retailers.
Reporting to the Board, the Commercial Director will be responsible for the complete commerciality of the business; from managing the sales teams as well as the procurement and technical teams and the strategic commercial planning for long term growth and future new business acquisition. As you would expect, you will also promote exceptional best practice within the whole business with the other Board members and complement that with your leading-edge senior level commercial skills.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Develop retail sales in a direct model to UK mainstream retailers to potentially take it direct
- Understand opportunities for volume supply outside of mainstream UK retail including export
- Match market demand with existing infrastructure to sell long term food service and processing customers contracts
- Investigate new product areas for both processing and retail supply that fits the current and potential future business models
- Create success by looking beyond current products and infrastructure and sourcing new and profitably commercial opportunities both in the UK and Internationally
The successful candidate will possess an exceptional track record of leadership and commercial achievement within the Fresh Produce/FMCG and associated sectors from the UK or Internationally. You will have a demonstrated appreciation for the supplier/retail relationship and be able to run and grow a multidisciplinary team within the demands of the Fresh Sectors. Ideally you will have a full remit of high-level operational understanding as well and be strategically upper quartile in long-term business planning. In addition, you will have a management style that is highly consensus-oriented, balanced, communicative, transparent, empathetic, and approachable.
To explore the huge potential of this unique career enhancing opportunity, please submit your CV in complete confidence via this website or call Ian Reed on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05328IR in full confidence.