Rapidly Expanding Fresh Sector Business
Founded over 15 years ago, our client is a leading fresh produce business with sales in 2019 in excess of £40 million, a market share in excess of 25% in their product areas and a year round business supplying a large number of Britain’s leading retailers and wholesale markets. They have a genuine passion and pride in their fresh produce which is seen through their commitment to quality and their year round offering of the very best tasting fresh produce from their international growers.
Due to ongoing and rapid expansion they are now looking for a TRADING MANAGER
The main aim of the role is the development of their wholesale accounts and all of the strategic planning on 1- 3 year time horizon for this area of the business.
The Key Areas of the Role will include:
- Be the go to person for all Wholesale needs and requirements for the business
- Conduct seasonal reviews, category management sessions and planning for future year
- Work closely with technical & development teams on product knowledge and NPD
- Management of pre-season offers/programmes providing estimated availabilities.
- Provide market updates and negotiating weekly or short/medium term fixed price programmes
- Prepare and conduct regular reviews of service levels, market share and quality performance.
- General management of their overseas growers providing general order and packaging direction.
- Provide actual/estimated sales and attend the daily internal meeting to provide a current trading position i.e. supply v demand.
- Liaison with the customer buyer daily on forecasts and any category issues, apply amendments to customer orders across category.
- Promotional and demand planning with category team.
- Development of Assistant Trading Manager
- Deputise for Commercial Manager and other ad hoc duties as required.
What we want to see:
- Great understanding of the wholesale needs of the fresh produce sectors and a great contact base within that defined industry area
- Strong appreciation of the business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
This is a great business and a great role as Trading Manager. So if this role looks to be right up your street, we would love to hear from you! Please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715044 quoting ref: 05159MM