Trainee Grower – Soft Fruit Propagation
With 30 years experience in the industry, our client are a leader in the production of soft fruit and supplies many of the major UK multiples. Over the last 5 years the company has made significant investments expanding, modernising and equipping many of their sites. As part of its ongoing growth strategy and future development plans, the company now seeks to appoint an trainee/graduate Grower to join its management team.
Reporting to the Head of Growing, the successful candidate will assist in all stages of plant propagation of a range of Soft Fruit crops. This will be a unique opportunity for someone to learn the craft of commercial plant propagation and a great stepping stone for a future career within commercial fruit production.
- Agri/Horti or Science graduate
- Have a bright, “sparky” attitude with excellent pace and energy
- Ability to cope with change
- Have the confidence and ability to deal with customers and suppliers
- Have good commercial awareness
- Have strong influencing and communication skills
- Be computer literate with knowledge of computer control systems
- Ability to inspire, enthuse & motivate a team
- Hard-working self-starter with the ability to develop better solutions to challenge
- Highly professional approach to all aspects of work
The remuneration package includes a very competitive graduate salary with excellent scope for personal and professional development.