Trainee Health & Safety Consultant required for a leading independent Agricultural H&S consultancy. Their diverse client list includes farmers, growers, land estates, agri-contractors, agricultural processing facilities, various office environments and more.
Our client is seeking an outgoing and ambitious graduate to join them as a trainee Health & Safety Consultant to help support the servicing of their growing client list, as well as working toward expanding their client base. This full-time position is responsible for providing safety and risk control services to reduce client risk profile and ensuring customer satisfaction.
A desire to adopt our culture and willingness to adapt are essential. The successful applicant will be based regionally, reporting into their office in Thetford, Norfolk and working as part of a larger consultancy team.
As a trainee consultant you’ll shadow a qualified consultant visiting clients and working with them to design and develop their personalised H&S package, and work with the office team to gain a sound foundation. As you progress, you’ll start to undertake client-facing work supported by your mentor and progress to have your own portfolio of clients, cementing your learning and building relationships to take your career even further.
The role includes managing a portfolio of existing clients as well as taking over management of new clients engaged by the commercial department.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop learning and knowledge through shadowing and supporting experienced consultants.
- Providing advice to clients in accordance with current UK law including auditing site, generating reports to agreed formats, reviewing progress against action plans and providing advice, guidance and support to ensure effective implementation within the client business
- Acting as a facilitator and motivator within the client business to engage staff, persuade and encourage individuals and teams to become enthusiastic about health and safety and enable them to see the benefits of good practice, for them and the business
- Operating in accordance with the company’s own internal Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Operating and delivering the service within the company’s existing systems and procedures.
- Participating in quarterly reviews of those systems and content
- Supporting and attending marketing events as required
- Fulfilling clients’ needs within agreed timescales
- Maintaining and developing client relationships to promote longevity of client relationships
- Adopting and supporting the values of the business (as detailed on website)
- Participating in all team activities and engaging fully in the development of the team and the business
- Providing management information and reports to the MD as required from time to time
- Enrol on and complete industry recognised NEBOSH qualifications relevant to your role.
- Join or continue to be a member of IOSH and maintain CPD
The ideal candidate will be attuned to the rural environment and the unique challenges associated with it. The ability to work to a planned schedule with a commitment to effecting change is essential. Must like driving, be pragmatic, flexible and prepared for some early starts, long days and occasional overnight stays. Full UK driving licence required.
Home based, but ideally within the Norfolk region.