Our client is one of the UK’s most progressive multi-site Soft Fruit Producers, growing a range of soft fruit from several sites based in the South of England and in Portugal.
Due to recent developments, they are now on the hunt for an experience Transport Co-Ordinator.
The purpose of the role is to effectively process and plan transport of customer orders directly with the pre-agree haulier setups. In addition to this the role must manage depot POD activity, trays stocks, new orders and de-hires and co-ordinate HGV driver movements.
• Receive and process customer orders into outbound pallet requirements
• Place orders with 3pl hauliers in a timely manner.
• Manage 3pl hauliers to ensure collection plans meet packhouse profile.
• Work with packhouse dispatch team to ensure plan is achievable.
• Manage return of depot POD’s, work with haulier on missing POD’s and customer to ensure no shortages are held against TSBC.
• Manage customer tray stock levels to ensure enough trays on site for packing but within site capacity restrictions.
• Place new orders of trays and ensure these are collected in the most cost effective manner.
• Conduct all tray de-hires daily.
• Manage stock balances against supplier audits making sure we have accurate levels.
• Order and de-hire pallets in the same way as above.
• Complete efficient HGV vehicle movement plans – working with QC team & warehouse team to ensure the right stock is being held in the right location.
• Utilise HGV movements to gain cost savings from transport.
• Solid experience of working within a fast paced transport environment with local haulier network and own driver team.
• Clean UK Driving Licence
Personal skills required
• Problem solving and prioritising skills.
• Detail conscious
• Experience with Microsoft Excel
• Safety/legal compliant
• Good communication and administration skills
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as work well within a team whilst achieving a high standard of workmanship
• Willing to perform any ad hoc duties based environment
• Have a flexible approach to work.
• Reliable with an excellent time-keeping record
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, please apply via. this website without delay quoting ref: 05485IR