UK Account Manager Required
Blue Skies is AMAZING! As a business they passionately believe in ‘Adding Value at Source’. This means they aim to make the finished product in the country or region where the fruit is grown. By doing this they return more value to the communities that produce their fruit, and as such can deliver products that are Fresh from Harvest. They work closely with their growers to achieve the highest standards in quality, ethical trade and environmental care and adhere to leading international standards including Fairtrade, Organic, and LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming). Uniquely they have developed their category range to now include branded ice cream, lollies (all dairy free) and have other fantastic new product development coming online to further broaden their retail offering internationally.
They employ over 5,000 people at their key facilities in Africa, Brazil and the UK. By ‘Adding Value at Source’ be it conventional fruit or branded products, they are far closer to their farmers and return more to communities through job creation, skills development and technology transfer.
To find out more about the business and why you should be aligned to them, watch a recent Broadcast interview we conducted with Anthony Pile MBE the Founder of Blue Skies.
As one of the most sought-after businesses to work for in the Fresh and FMCG sectors, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their commercial team to meet the increasing positive requirements from their retail customers in the UK and internationally. They are looking to now appoint a UK Account Manger to support their ongoing growth.
Key Elements of the Role:
To be responsible for the relationship management and development of customer accounts within the company. In addition, to develop new business, which delivers growth and profit aligned to their company strategy, values and behaviours.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for the top line performance of various customers
- Direct responsibility for the customer relationships
- Working to improve relationships with the selected UK/IE customers
- Act as the sales leader for these customers within the business
- Build the annual business plans for the customers and grow the 5-year vision (on and offline) in alignment with the rest of the business needs.
- UK customer business performance
- The role will have responsibility for the overall performance of the selected UK/IE customers
- Full responsibility for the setting and achievement of annual budgets for of the selected UK/IE customers
- Be accountable for overall selected UK/IE customers profitability as data develops
- Identify and review opportunities for business growth and new business development to exploit market gaps and needs.
- Continually analyse the supply cost structure, identifying opportunities to reduce costs and/or improve profitability.
- Input into the sales forecasting (LE) process
- Ensure all forecasts are submitted accurately and on time for the LE process
What We Would Like to See from You:
- Excellent Commercial skills with a results oriented attitude
- Excellent Financial Skills, with the ability to understand group analytics and costs
- Proven negotiation skills, with the ability to negotiate directly with retailers
- Proven ability to articulate key benefits to retailers to best Blue Skies competitors
- Ability to run multi discipline projects for launching and selling into major retailers / foodservice accounts
- Project management skills
- Category analysis & insight capability
- Experience of understanding and communicating category recommendations
- High standard of knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Able to communicate very effectively across countries and time zones
- A key attribute will be to work effectively across multiple cultures, working with many who have English as a second language
- Comfortable when presenting to groups large and small
- Presentation skills that can effortlessly switch between informal and highly formal settings.
- 4+ years of commercial experience
- Experience of managing sales into major UK Retailers
- Experience of the produce industry is advantageous
- Developed category management experience
The role may involve UK & International travel, and therefore a valid passport and clean driving licence with reliable transport and business car insurance is essential. The role requires a flexible approach to working hours as you would expect. In addition, the post holder is required to understand and promote the Blue Skies Joint Effort Enterprise (their JEE), their core beliefs and culture of respect, and reflect all these in both behaviour and performance. Their JEE is built on three core pillars: Diversity – Respect – Positive Return
Blue Skies is dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for them. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find this business to be a fantastic business to work with and who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Interested?! Please send your details via this website or call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05555M
Please note that Blue Skies are working with Redfox Executive Selection Ltd on an exclusive basis. As such any third party CV’s presented will be directly forwarded to Redfox for review.