Based South Lincolnshire
Excellent Starting Salary & Benefits Package
Our client is proud to be Britain’s only national grain marketing and arable inputs co-operative. They are owned by around 4,000 British farmers who work to supply British grain to some of the biggest and most well-known British food and drink brands in the UK. They are now seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their winning team and embark on an exciting career in commodities trading as a key Wheat Trader.
As a Wheat Trader reporting to the Head of Sales and Trading for Wheat, your primary role will be to work closely with Senior Traders and their broader trading team. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop trading skills and experience, with the goal of becoming an integral part of their high-performing trading team. Your role will also involve demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills, building strong relationships, and managing customer accounts to foster their consistent growth.
Who we’re looking for:
You don’t need to come from an agricultural background or have an agricultural degree – what is more important to us is that you have the right attitude and are committed to developing skills and abilities to deliver results for both our clients customers and for the business itself.
We are looking for an individual who may have just completed their studies, received relevant qualifications or diplomas or those who are simply ready to take on a new and exciting challenge in their career.
We are looking for people with a collaborative attitude to getting things done and who demonstrate great integrity, customer focus and expertise. More importantly, we want people who will fit in and contribute to our clients’ positive values and behaviors.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literacy including MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Office, Teams and Excel
- Self-managing and resilient with a strong work ethic
- Able to demonstrate a good level of commercial understanding
- Ability to integrate into the wider team and work with others
- Demonstrate a good level of confidence and self-assurance
- Demonstrate ability to make and build relationships
- A quick learner with excellent problem solving skills
- A flexible approach
- Ideally educated to ‘A’ level standard
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborating with Senior Traders to gain direct hands-on experience in wheat trading, market analysis, and risk management.
- Assist in executing trading strategies and monitoring market trends to identify trading opportunities.
- Learn and utilize trading software and tools effectively.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and partners to facilitate smooth trading operations.
- Analyze market data and economic factors to make informed trading decisions.
- Monitor and manage trading positions and risk exposure.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, news, and regulations.
What is on offer:
Our client believes that they are ‘a great place to work’ and they want to show you why.
They recognise that without the commitment and motivation of engaged colleagues, it is not possible to achieve the levels of customer service, productivity and innovation necessary to maintain their market-leading position. On offer is:
- 28 Days’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays, holiday accruing with service
- Benefits that support you and your family such as Life Assurance six times salary
- Helping you plan and save for the future with a contributory pension plan offering you levels of up 5% matched by our client
- Employee Assistance Programme: Guidance and support when you need it most
- The chance to work with a friendly and appreciative team.
Our client is proud to be Britain’s only national grain marketing and arable inputs co-operative. They are owned by around 4,000 British farmers who work to supply British grain to some of the biggest and most well-known British food and drink brands in the UK.
How to Apply: Interested?! To find out more, you can apply direct via this website. For more information, just call Max MacGillivray on 01284 715055 quoting Ref: 05696M.