Working Farm Manager Required
Excellent Salary & Benefits + High Quality Farm Accommodation
Our successful client was first established in the 1980’s as an agricultural contracting company based in Kent. Due to their continued on-going development and the growing needs of the business they moved to a much larger site with a secondary depot in Hampshire to service the requirements in the western reaches of their business.
The company has been built on the ethos of providing a one stop shop for all outsourced agricultural services required by the livestock and arable farmer. Through the utilisation of these services, our clients benefit from reduced overheads, flexibility through a choice of equipment, and a wealth of knowledge from their highly experienced staff.
Their farming division covers some 1900 hectares from their main base in Suffolk. The home farm consists of arable and beef production and in addition they farm land under various contractual agreements with bases in Kent and Sussex.
They work with their various landlords to ensure that full advantage is taken of ELS and HLS environmental schemes to enhance the landscape and environment as well as maximising returns from the individual holdings.
They are now looking for a Working Farm Manager to take on a key position within the Farming business.
Main Element of The Role:
To manage all the arable and grassland operations in their entirety; establishing crop plans, operational planning and budgeting with an environmental focus. Innovative cropping and husbandry are part of their business strategy along with a focus on soil improvements and regenerative agriculture.
- Introduce comprehensive precision farming techniques to their own farms; creating leadership and buy in from the associated staff in the team; instigating appropriate training to maximise the utilisation and benefits to the business.
- Link their own arable farm operation to their established Organics business through practical association, showcasing the range of organic products and using their own farm as a platform to demonstrate the agricultural benefits of the services they provide.
- Work closely with their Landlords to optimise schemes to provide both commercial and environmental benefit.
- Understand the importance of timing in all aspects of agricultural operations, with a focus on soil preparation and planting.
- Act as a mentor to the team, providing leadership and direction to inward reporting staff and empower them by providing the knowledge and experience to manage the farm business with autonomy.
- Work with their existing Agronomists to maximise the gross margin of crop yields.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Attention to detail is paramount for success in this role.
What Is Our Client Looking For:
They ideally are looking to source a recently experienced Farm Manager or an Assistant Farm Manager ready to take the next step in their career. You will be a proven people manager who is production minded, coupled with potentially already having obtained yours BASIS and FACTS qualifications.
To explore this hugely career enhancing opportunity with this leading Agri-businesses, please submit your CV via this website or call Max MacGillivray quoting Redfox Ref: 05150M or call on 01284 715055 for a confidential discussion.